Friday, November 21, 2008

Moral Education

While I was growing up, I always had my parents around 24/7 of the time. They would never let me leave their sight for a split second, like I was some sort of treasure for them. One thing they have always taught me, was to have respect, manners and morals. I was always told to never interrupt an adult while they were talking. I was taught how to act at a diner table and how I should represent my self. Most importantly, I was taught by my parents to always have the ten commandments in mind, every time I mad a decision. My parents were responsible for my moral education because without them, I wouldn’t be the person I am today.
Form my experience of growing up with my parents, they taught me a lot about moral education. There was never really a teacher or a family member who took the time to teach me how to act or teach me right from wrong. I think when I was younger, I already knew right from wrong, but from my surroundings it seemed that a lot of kids weren’t as lucky as I was. Many of the kids would tell story’s of how they stole candy from a corner store or how they would come home very late. From finding out the backgrounds of the kids, most of them had a single parent, or some had step mom’s or step dad’s. At that time I knew parents had to play a big role on teaching their children moral education.
I never really thought that teachers helped their students to become morally educated. The reason behind that was because they have a lot of students and the have their own problems or children to worry about. I am not saying that all teachers are like that, but there a few that do care about their students. Basically, parents are responsible for our every movement, after all we are a miniature of our own parents. They are the ones who brought us to this world, and a child is never to be blamed for his/her action.

5 comments:

Evan said...

So the jist of it is your saying that parents and family teach the younger ones morals. They action they choose around the child is absorbed by the child and he repeats them and helps him learn right from wrong.

Good reasoning for it

Milana said...

i agree with u

George said...

alot of very good points. good job

Evan said...

So what specific parts do you agree with in my essay? im curious to know what you think about my ideas.

Ejazz said...

Good points made in your argument