Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Learning Styles


Majority of the people, when they study they usually read their notes for every class. But me, I am a different case, for different subjects i have different ways of studying with the same background. Lets say i have to study for math class, i would need to practice over and over the math problems. But for in order to understand what I am doing, I need to be home in my room with no noise or no distractions so that i can hear my self think. If i am studying for an English test and i need to read the book, i also need to be in my room with peace and quiet, but usually i need to take breaks in between because if i get bored, I know i am not going to remember what i read that point. And for science and history I make index cards because those two subjects contain mostly definitions and has a lot of memorization. With this background I can study mostly any where, I would prefer a noisy place.
I have many study habits, but there is many things that intervene with my study time. I live with a older sister and a younger brother, and most of the time my younger brother is always asking me to help him out with his homework, and this distraction lengthens my study, and its hard for me to study. What I usually do is help him out first and then I go out to the library just in case i get another distraction. I have many friends that like to text and call me to hang out to watch a movie or just hang out, but them calling me distracts me from my studying, cause I know I am going to pick it up. My solution for this problem, i would prefer to turn off my phone for my study time and then i would eventually turn it on afterwords.

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

I like your reading styles. They are very useful. I might just use them myself.

Anonymous said...

Good style, but it would get to quiet for me.

lilkonafa said...

i to like studing in my room but the only problem is i have no such word as [quiet] in my house ,,,soooooooooooooo .........but ya i like the way you study u seem very serious about your studies