Tuesday, September 30, 2008

My Thanksgiving Narrative

When I wake up on Thanksgiving Day, it’s usually about eight o’clock. I would get up and go to the bathroom and do my necessities. I would then go to my room and change into something comfortable because till five o’clock I am going to be working hard. Once I am done changing, I head to the living room and make sure that my mom left the food list and that my dad left money. It’s usually there every year, so then I would go to the supermarket and buy all the things needed that night. After I am done with buying all the things that are on the list I would go to my grandmother’s house and I would help make all the food.
Making the food doesn’t take long because my grandmother and I, we work fast and carefully, we always make sure the food has the right amount of salt and that it’s not over cooked. I would then go back to my house, and usually when I get home my mom is there so then we would start fixing the house. We would decorate the house and make sure the house has a thanksgiving vibe and we like it when there is a lot of room because every year we invite about thirty people. We would get rid of the night table, put the table more into the wall, move the television into another room, and put portable chairs around the walls.
Our guests usually arrive around eight o’clock, and I would have time to fix myself and make myself look very handsome. Around seven-thirty my grandmother would come to the house and set all the food onto the table, and she would her own flavor to how the house should look like on thanksgiving. I would usually wait downstairs and great our guest when they enter and say “Thank you for coming would you like something to drink?” At about nine o’clock, our entire guest is at our house telling jokes, eating, drinking, laughing, and telling old memories. At some point in the night, there is only one random person who gives a toast, and they would say the usually like “thank god for the meal” or “Everyone is a great person”, but most importantly they always say “Thanksgiving is all about being with friends and family, but mostly the effort that was put to bring us all together”.

10 comments:

Ryan said...

i love thanksgiving i go to my grandma house to her cooking is amazing like pie and hambuger

Stephanie said...

I love thanksgiving as well. I guess you like it too since you like to eat and sleep =)

Milana said...

i love thankgiving this is the only day that we get all togethor with the family

Anonymous said...

i love thanksgiving just lonely for me 'cause i got no1 to talk to sincce i got nothing to say T-T

Ejazz said...

Good Narrative you used very good descriptive language.

Cookie Monster JR said...

well i love thanksgiving too because there is alot of food

George said...

I love thanksgiving.The food is great and my whole family comes over so its fun

Evan said...

Everyone is saying they love thanksgiving, i acually hate it, i just wrote about it because i couldn't think of anything else lol

leezie012 said...

i love thanksgiving food!
i definetly can relate to you about thanksgiving. good explanation.

Lyandra said...

Thanksgiving is wack just like this narrative haha